Thursday 7 May 2015

Through the portal - and creeping onwards

Well apologies first - bank holidays, kids birthdays and the Play Expo & Blackpool all compounded together to delay this post! Unfortunately I haven't got much further, but as promised I'll share my experiences thus far...

Having made it through the initial hilly/foresty section, I am treated to a map of where I have managed to strand myself:
Now this looks familiar...
Now then... That looks suspiciously similar to the map I had before I ended up thrown through the magic whirlygig portal thing, doesn't it? Time to engage the time honored JRPG tradition of barging into peoples houses and poking things!

Sorry I just barged in, but would you happen to have the time?
Well that seems to confirm it - we're dealing with time travel here aren't we? And to make doubly sure, the map screen now says 600AD so I know which time period I'm in. If nothing else, I'm now on familiar RPG ground so it's time to do some exploring! First off, there's an inn (naturally) a shop, and a few houses - nothing exciting so far, there's a broken bridge looked after by one very lonely soldier and a church?

That church looks pretty good to me!
 So, the church should be a safe bet right? They're always safe places in these games...
Ok then...
...or not! The church seems to be inhabited by some 'odd' ladies of the cloth - from their little chats, ones that seem much more interested in killing and/or eating me... time for a swift exit methinks! But now I'm at a bit of a loss as to where to go next... and as always, in times like this a good mooch around the pub is a good place to start - and this is no exception. One of the happy bar patrons mentions that Queen Leene has been found wandering about. While this is still a little light on the details for me personally, I now have a rough direction and this leads me to the forest...

Oh goody - more imps!
Now I have to admit, I haven't got much further than this - but I did find out I have unlocked the 'cyclone' technique. And this does exactly what it says on the tin - start with pointy bit of my sword sticking out and spin round! This also has the bonus of AoE damage - meaning if I can time it right, then I can hit more than one enemy at once... if only the little buggers would stay still! That's pretty much all I've got time for now - hopefully I can find out what the 'Power Tab' is for as I continue My Gaming Catch Up!

2 comments:

  1. The Power Tab, along with other kinds of tabs you'll find in the game, will increase their namesake attribute by one point. It may not seem like much, but as you collect them throughout the game, they start adding up. The trick is knowing which character to use them on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aha! Thank you :-) it did seem an odd thing to find - in that case I'll hang on to it for the moment!

      Delete